Zerodha Reviews 2021, Margin, Brokerage, Demat and Trading Charges, Trading Platforms & more:
Online trading and investing in equities, futures & options, commodities, currency, IPO, mutual funds, bonds, government securities, and other assets are available through the Bengaluru-based brokerage firm. On trading between sectors, Zerodha costs Rs. 20 per order or 0.03 percent, whichever is lower. The broker is a CDSL-registered DP with an IDFC tie-up. First Bank provides a three-in-one account establishing service (Demat, Trading, and Bank A/c). NRIs can create a Zerodha account and begin trading in the equities delivery and equity derivative segments online.
More About Zerodha:
The finest online trading platform is Zerodha Kite, which can be accessed via any browser or the Kite mobile app for Android and iOS. The first broker provided the Zerodha Coin online and app-based commission-free direct mutual fund investment platform with no brokerage fees. Smallcase (thematic investment platform), Sensibull, Streak, Stockreports+, and other third-party trading tools are also available. The Zerodha Console is the company’s back-office interface, where all of the company’s reports, such as trading, profit and loss, and capital transfers, are available. Varsity by Zerodha is a free share market education platform with a web and mobile app.
The broker also offers value-added services like margin trading, bracket orders, cover orders, GTT orders, call & trade, refer & earn, and so on. Zerodha is also recognized for its exceptional customer service via phone, e-mail, and support portal. Users may submit tickets and receive a response from the staff within 24 hours. This is why the complaint handling ratio is so high. It also has more than 120 locations and partner offices where customers may establish accounts and get other services. To learn more about the account opening cost, brokerage, margins, trading platforms, and pros and drawbacks, read the Zerodha Review.
Zerodha Review: Advantages & Disadvantages:
What I Like (Pros):
- With an active consumer base of more than 30 lakh customers and a market share of 18 percent, the company has a market share of 18 percent.
- At Rs. 20 per executed transaction, we were the first to introduce a flat discount brokerage model.
- Equity, F&O, MCX, currency, IPO, MF, bonds, and government securities make up a large product portfolio.
- There is no documentation involved in the 100% online and paperless account opening process.
- Through Zerodha Coin, you may invest in mutual funds directly for free.
- Equity delivery trading with no brokerage fees.
- Zerodha offers a 3-in-1 account opening service.
- Bracket Order (BO), Cover Order (CO), Aftermarket Order (AMO), and GTT Order are examples of advanced orders.
- A free UPI-based fund transfer service is available.
- NRI trading is possible through the creation of an NRI account.
- Zerodha Kite and Zerodha Coin online and mobile apps are in-house trading platforms.
What I don’t Like (cons):
- Zerodha does not offer stock recommendations, research, or suggestions.
- There is just a flat brokerage plan available, and there are no monthly trading options.
- 3-in-1 account opening is only available with IDFC First Bank.
- There are no lifetime free AMC Demat account plans available.
Zerodha Account Opening Charges:
Trading Account Opening Charges:
- Online Rs 200 (Trading+Ddemat), Rs 300 (Trading+Demat+Comodity).
- Offline Rs 400 (Trading+Demat), Rs 600 (Trading+Demat+Comodity).
- Trading Account AMC: Free.
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Free.
- Demat Account AMC: Rs 300 PA.
Zerodha Brokerage Plan & Charges:
|Equity Intraday (MIS)||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Equity Futures||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||Flat Rs. 20 per order|
|Commodity futures||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Commodity Options||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Currency futures||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Currency options||Flat Rs. 20 per order or 0.03% whichever is lower|
|Direct Mutual Funds||Free, Zero Brokerage|
Zerodha Rs. 20 Flat Brokerage Plan:
- Call & trade charges: ₹50 per order.
- Auto-square-off charges: ₹50 per order.
- Payment gateway charges: ₹9 for each fund transfer + GST.
- DP charges: ₹8 + ₹5.5 = ₹13.50 + GST.
Zerodha Trading Pros and Cons:
- At a set brokerage, you can trade an unlimited amount of money.
- There are no minimum brokerage fees.
- Order from GTT.
- No monthly trading plans.
- Unavailability of traditional percentage-based brokerage plan.
Zerodha Margin Details:
Customers can use Zerodha’s margin trading service to trade across segments. The following are the Zerodha margin details:
|Equity Delivery||1x or no margin on CNC|
|Equity Intraday (MIS)||Up to 20x (depends upon the stock)|
|Equity Future||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), CNC – 1x of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Equity Options||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), CNC – 1x of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Currency Future||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), CNC – 1x of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Currency Options||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), CNC – 1x of Total margin (Span+ Exposure)|
|Commodity Future||Intraday – 40%(2.5x), CNC – 1x of Span|
Open Demat and Trading Account with Zerodha:
Zerodha Demat Account:
Through CDSL membership, Zerodha provides the option of opening a Demat account, which allows for secure electronic transfer of equities and mutual funds. Zerodha provides a free Demat account with no account opening cost but AMC of 300 rupees.
Zerodha Trading Account:
Zerodha Kite Platform’s equities trading account in Zerodha allows you to trade stocks, futures & options, and currencies. A user with a trading account can use Zerodha Coin to invest in direct mutual funds. Zerodha charges a Rs. 200 online account opening cost, however, there is no AMC for trading accounts.
Zerodha Commodity Account:
To trade on the MCX, you must first establish a Zerodha Commodity Trading Account, which costs Rs. 100. Because you can’t just establish a commodity account in Zerodha, you’ll have to open a stock trading, MCX, and Demat account all at once cost Rs. 300. However, there is a charge of Rs. 400 to open an account offline.
Zerodha NRI Account:
NRIs can open a Zerodha Demat + Trading account by connecting it to an HDFC, Axis, IndusInd, or IDFC First Bank NRE or NRO savings bank account. Stock delivery trading is available through a Zerodha NRI account for Rs. 200 or 0.1 percent, whichever is lower, and equity derivative trading is available for Rs.100 per order brokerage.
Zerodha Trading Platform and Tools:
Zerodha Kite (Web and Mobile App):
Kite 3.0 is a premier trading platform developed in-house and available in online and mobile editions. Customers may use any browser to access the Kite platform or download the Kite by Zerodha mobile app for Android and iOS devices to trade on the go. Kite Connect API may also be used to create your front-end platform.
Zerodha Coin (Web and Mobile App):
Zerodha Coin is a direct mutual fund investing platform with a web and mobile app. Anyone with a Zerodha Demat and Trading account may use any browser or download the coin mobile app to buy and sell direct schemes from over 40 fund houses. Zerodha offers no-cost mutual fund investing with no brokerage fees or commissions.
Zerodha Console (Back-office):
The Kite platform allows you to access the console, which is a back-office reporting tool. The console provides access to all information, such as trade reports, profit and loss reports, fund transfer and withdrawal requests, contract notes, and so on. The Kite web and mobile apps may also be used to apply for an IPO through the Zerodha interface.
Zerodha Sentinel (Alert Tool):
Sentinel is a price-alert tool that lets users establish price alerts for various sectors. Customers may use the tool to create real-time price alerts on more than 80,000 stocks, futures, commodities, and currencies. You’ll be alerted on the Kite web and app whenever the alert is activated.
3rd Party Trading Tools:
- Zerodha Smallcase.
- Zerodha Sensibull.
- Zerodha Streak.
- Zerodha Stockreports+: Get research reports on 3000+ Indian stocks.
Zerodha Customer Rating And Review:
|Broking Experience||9.51 / 10|
|Product & Services||9.51 / 10|
|Research & Advisory||9.25 / 10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.61/ 10|
|Trading Platform||9.39 / 10|
The amount of Zerodha consumer complaints that the exchanges have received. The Zerodha customer complaint report aids in determining the service’s quality and dependability.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Number of Clients*||Complaints**||%|
The low brokerage fees may only carry a brokerage firm so far, but there is something about them that has made them India’s No. 1 broker. And they’ve gone from 5000 clients to 30+ lakh clients since then, establishing themselves as India’s Best Discount Broker. Company management is open and honest, openly apologizing if there is a problem on their end, winning clients’ trust, which is uncommon among large corporations.
Their rise from a small startup to a large corporation was remarkable, and it was made possible by outstanding technology, price, and customer service, making them perfect for traders and investors like you and me.
Zerodha is particularly ideal for novices because Varsity, their investor education program, is available.