In this article, we are discussing everything you need to know about the Motilal Oswal Review 2023, Check brokerage charges, margin, trading platform, Demat and trading account charges, branches, customer care contact, pros, cons, and more about Motilal Oswal.
Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd. (MOSL) is a Mumbai-based diversified financial services business that was founded in 1987. Securities, commodities, currency, and derivatives are traded by the business. In addition to Mutual Funds and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), the company also offers Gold, Insurance, and Fixed Income Products. MOSL’s MOAMC discretionary portfolio management service is well-known (PMS). Since its introduction in 2003, the PMS has consistently exceeded the benchmark in all market cycles.
Full-service brokers Motilal Oswal Securities Limited (MOSL) is a subsidiary of Motilal Oswal Financial Service Limited (MOFSL), a diversified financial services provider giving a variety of products such as Wealth Management, Institutional Broking, Asset Management, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Commodity Broking, Currency Broking, Principal Strategies, and Homicide Investigation. They have a stranglehold on the financial sector because of their concept of good research and reliable recommendations throughout the previous 32 years.
BSE, NSE, NCDEX, MCX, and MSEI are only a few of the stock exchanges where MOSL provides a wide range of trading and investment options. Other options include Mutual Funds (MFs), IPOs, Fixed Deposits (FD), Bonds (NCD), and Portfolio Management Services (PMS). Motilal Oswal Securities is an NSDL and CDSL Depository Participant. MMTC-PAMP India Pvt. Ltd. offers Motilal Oswal a platform to purchase, redeem, and sell gold through their Gold Accumulation Plan (GAP).
More About Motilal Oswal:
Over 260 businesses and 21 Indian industries are covered in the share broker’s research reports. There are 22,00+ local branch offices in more than 500 locations in India, so you may get personal assistance with the account opening and investment advice from Motilal Oswal. Motilal Oswal has a robust client base of more than 22,00,000 and depository assets of Rs 70000 crores.
When it comes to Motilal Oswal, a Demat Account is required. The first year of AMC for a Demat account is free. Timely research reports, a customer-centric Risk Management System, and real-time payments are all other advantages of the broker.
We found Motilal Oswal’s customer service to be decent, but not outstanding. A specialized customer care staff, according to the broker, can answer questions within four hours. On their website, they provide email and phone assistance, but no live chat or 24-hour customer service. A free call and trade service is provided to all clients.
Motilal Oswal Review: Advantages and Disadvantages:
It’s no secret that Motilal Oswal is one of the most recognizable names in the world of stockbrokers. Motilal Oswal knows what it takes to deliver a high-quality product, including advisory services, research, active trading, client service, simplicity of use, and more. Among Motilal Oswal’s strengths are its thorough research, as well as the firm’s solid advice.
What I Like (Pros):
- Reputation-building research that’s available on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Equities Brokerage Services has a large customer base and local operations across India.
- Investor services in the areas of equities, currencies, commodities, and mutual funds. Over 30,000 research studies across all asset classes are available to members.
- Technical charts and quick & secure technology are just some of the features available to you.
- This is a financial emporium with a wide range of services and goods available.
- There is a free call and trade service available.
- Investing in gold digitally with Me-Gold During the past 15 years, the “Value Strategy” of MOAMC’s PMS services has consistently surpassed the industry standard.
- A paperless and fast account opening process.
What I Don’t Like (cons):
- Support via email and online is inconsistent and unreliable.
- Brokerage programs are full of hidden fees and snares that are difficult to detect.
- Very expensive brokerage fees when compared to discount brokers like Zerodha and 5paisa, who provide lower fees.
- It does not provide a 3-in-1 account.
Motilal Oswal Online Account Opening charges:
- Rs 600 for opening a trading account.
- AMC for Trading Accounts: None.
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Free.
- AMC for Demat Account: Rs 400 per month.
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Plan, Fees, and Charges:
Motilal brokerage services provide three distinct trading plans. Customers might select one of these options based on their needs.
- Motilal Oswal Default Brokerage Plan:
The default strategy is for inexperienced stock market investors. This is a fundamental strategy. It comprises the bulk of services, such as access to research and advisory services as well as free online trading software. This plan has the highest brokerage fees.
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||0.05% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||Rs 100 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency F&O||Rs 20 per lot (both sides)|
- Motilal Oswal Value Pack Plan:
The Value Pack is a prepaid brokerage product that offers lower brokerage rates in exchange for an upfront charge. This strategy is designed for active traders. In the value bundle, there are seven options ranging in price from Rs 2500 to Rs 1 lakh.
|Equity Delivery||from 0.10% to 0.40%|
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||from 0.01% to 0.04% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||from Rs 20 to Rs 50 per lot (both side)|
|Currency F&O||from Rs 10 to Rs 22 per lot (both side)|
Motilal Value Pack Scheme Detail:
|Scheme name||VP2KLT (Online)||VP3KLT(Online)||VP5KLT||VP10KLT||VP30KLT||VP50KLT||VPILACLT|
|Upfront Fees (one-time)||Rs 2,500||Rs 3,000||Rs 5,000||Rs 10,000||Rs 30,000||Rs 50,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|Account Opening Fee||zero||zero||zero||zero||zero||zero||zero|
|Delivery Brokerage||0.40% (min 2 paise)||0.35% (min 2 paise)||0.30% (min 2 paise)||0.25% (min 1 paise)||0.20% (min 1 paise)||0.15% (min 1 paise)||0.10% (min 1 paise)|
|Intraday Cash (Equity) (both side)||0.040% (min 1 paise)||0.035% (min 1 paise)||0.030% (min 1 paise)||0.025% (min 1 paise)||0.020% (min 1 paise)||0.015% (min 1 paise)||0.010% (min 1 paise)|
|Intraday Futures (Equity & Commodities) (both side)||0.040% (min 1 paise)||0.035% (min 1 paise)||0.030% (min 1 paise)||0.025% (min 1 paise)||0.020% (min 1 paise)||0.015% (min 1 paise)||0.010% (min 1 paise)|
|Options (Equity) (both side)||Rs 50 per lot||Rs 45 per lot||Rs 40 per lot||Rs 30 per lot||Rs 25 per lot||Rs 25 per lot||Rs 20 per lot|
|Options (Currency) (both side)||Rs 22 per lot||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 18 per lot||Rs 15 per lot||Rs 12 per lot||Rs 12 per lot||Rs 10 per lot|
Motilal Oswal Margin Exposure:
It’s for regular traders who use the Motilal Oswal Margin Scheme. Investing more money in your trading account reduces brokerage fees.
|Equity Delivery||from 0.15% to 0.50%|
|Intraday Cash or Future – Equity and Commodity||from 0.015% to 0.05% (both side)|
|Options – Equity||from Rs 25 to Rs 100 per lot (both side)|
|Currency F&O||Rs 20 per lot (both side)|
- Motilal Oswal – Margin Scheme Charges:
|Scheme||Margin Rs 0 to Rs 24999||Margin Rs 25000 to Rs 49999||Margin Rs 50000 to Rs 99999||Margin Rs 100000 to Rs 299999||Margin Rs 300000 to Rs 499999||Margin Rs 500000|
|Trading Account AMC||Rs 800 per year||Rs 299 per year||Rs 299 per year||Rs 299 per year||Rs 299 per year||Rs 299 per year|
|Admin Charges||Rs 199 per year||Rs 199 per year||Rs 199 per year||Rs 199 per year||Rs 199 per year||Rs 199 per year|
- Motilal Oswal – Margin Scheme Brokerage:
|Scheme Type||Margin Rs 0 to Rs 24999||Margin Rs 25000 to Rs 49999||Margin Rs 50000 to Rs 99999||Margin Rs 100000 to Rs 299999||Margin Rs 300000 to Rs 499999||Margin Rs 500000|
|Equity Delivery Brokerage||0.50% (Min 5 Paise)||0.40% (Min 3 Paise)||0.30% (Min 3 Paise)||0.25% (Min 3 Paise)||0.20% (Min 2 Paise)|
|Equity Intraday Cash & Future (Both side)||0.05% ( Min 5 Paise )||0.04% (Min 4 Paise)||0.03% (Min 3 Paise)||0.025% (Min 2 Paise)||0.02% (Min 2 Paise)|
|Options||Rs 100 per lot||Rs 75 per lot||Rs 70 per lot||Rs 50 per lot||Rs 40 per lot||Rs 25 per lot|
|Currency Futures & Options||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 20 per lot||Rs 20 per lot|
Motilal Oswal Demat Account Charges:
|Account Maintenance Charges (AMC)||Rs 550|
|Account Administration Charges (AAC)||Rs 199|
|Demat Transaction Charges – Within MOFSL (Sell only)||Rs 30 or 0.03% (whichever is higher)|
|Demat Transaction Charges – Outside MOFSL (Sell only)||Rs 40 or 0.04% (whichever is higher)|
|Dematerialization (In all schemes)||Rs 50 per request + Rs 50 per certificate|
|Rematerialization||Rs 35 per certificate|
|Pledge, Unpledged, Closure, Invocation||Rs 35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
Open Account with Motilal Oswal:
Motilal Oswal Trading Software & Tools (Motilal Oswal Trading Platforms):
Across all platforms, Motilal Oswal gives clients access to the most powerful, quick, and secure technology. Terminal-based, web-based, and mobile app trading systems are all available to traders and investors.
Desktop ( Terminal-based Trading Platform):
Download this feature-rich program from Motilal Oswal for secure and quick trading with the ability to see, act, and evaluate. This terminal’s major features include:
- Tick-by-tick activity watch with advanced charting tools
- Feeding at high-speed, multi-asset trades, and execution, even with limited bandwidth.
- Watchlists, news, and analysis tools for many assets.
- Research and guidance across asset classes that is excellent.
- Review and health check tools for portfolios that are integrated into one.
- Automated buy/sell signals using Trade Guide Signals, a next-generation trend-directing tool
- Derived-Chain Structures.
Mo Investor ( Mutual Fund & Stock Investment App):
With this mobile app, you can keep up with the market and invest in all asset classes from the convenience of your phone. Among the app’s key features are:
- Comprehensive Portfolio Snapshot – for a unified perspective of your financial health.
- Live share/stock market monitoring on the NSE and BSE
- Quote page with comprehensive company information on NSE & BSE Mutual Fund website with holdings snapshot, continuing SIPs, and maturing SIPs
- TIP stands for Target Investment Plan, and it is used to plan, invest, and track financial goals.
- ACE (Advise on Combination of Equities) Is an Algo-based investing strategy based on a select basket of growth-oriented equities.
- Robo Financial is a 24-hour wealth manager that delivers appropriate asset allocation based on your risk profile.
- Optimized order placement page for fast order placement and bulk order capabilities for processing many orders at once
- MO genie is a chatbot that is available 24 hours.
MO Trader (Trading App for NSE & BSE):
This is Motilal Oswal’s sophisticated stock trading app, created specifically for aggressive traders. The app’s essential features are as follows:
- My wallet – offers a snapshot of orders, positions, and limitations on a single screen.
- Get a quote page with detailed information on the firm you looked for on the NSE and BSE.
- Market screeners assist you in identifying hot stocks.
- Trade guidance signal, Option Writer, Option Decoder, and ACE are examples of algo-based products.
- Using the bulk order capability, you may execute numerous orders with a single click.
- Charts in real-time with historical data Tips and ideas for the stock market.
- Research Reports, Alerts, News, Fund Transfer Services, and so forth.
Motilal Oswal Robo Advisory Products:
- Trade Guide Signal: Develops trading methods based on rules. It produces trading ideas for buy/sell transactions.
- Option Writer: Assists in determining whether or not to write options. It recognizes patterns and aids in strike selection.
- Option decoder: Aids in the decoding of option payout at various price levels and volatility. It offers risk assessment and management via Greeks.
Motilal Oswal Products & Services:
- Equity Trading
- Commodity Trading
- Currency Trading
- Mutual Funds
When you carefully examine the table of contents above, you will see a comprehensive picture of all the goods that Motilal Oswal, as a full-service brokerage business, has to offer to its traders and investors.
Systematic Investment Plans, Mutual Funds, Equity Trading, Currency Trading, Options Trading, Commodities Trading, Futures Trading, and Forex Trading are some of the items they provide.
Nonetheless, you must realize that they do not provide any banking or insurance-related goods.
- Demat Services
- Trading Services
- Intraday Services
- IPO Services
- Stock Recommendations
You will learn about all of the services that Motiala Oswal provides to their different traders and investors around the country if you carefully examine the chart of contents that have been purposefully provided to you above.
In terms of Trading Services, Intraday Services, Demat Services, Stock Recommendation, Intraday Services, and Portfolio Management Services, they have special offerings with up to thirty times the trading exposure.
However, you should keep in mind that they do not currently have any offerings linked to Robo Advisory, Trading Institutions, or 3-in-1 Accounts.
Motilal Oswal Customer Ratings & Review 2023:
|Product & Services||9.2 / 10|
|Broking Experience||9.3 / 10|
|Trading Platform||8.9 / 10|
|Research & Advisory||8.4 / 10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||8.23/ 10|
Motilal Oswal Complaints:
The number of consumer complaints received by the exchanges from Motilal Oswal. The Motilal Oswal consumer complaint report aids in determining the quality and dependability of service provided by Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Number of Clients||Complaints||%|
Motilal Oswal will not disappoint anyone looking for great research, competent planning for the future, and advice and recommendations. In terms of brokerage, Motilal Oswal may not be your best option since, while the brokerage appears to be appealing and cheaper on paper, it comes with so many terms and conditions that the customer thinks their profit has been cut short.
Brokers like this constantly create brokerage, whether you make or lose money. Nonetheless, if lower-middle-class individuals are to be allowed to participate in the equities market, the brokerage should be streamlined, with no hidden costs or restrictions.